Friday, June 24, 2011

So It's been 2 years where have I gone?

A few people have wondered what happened to this blog, with such an interesting lead in for it to just fizzle is kind of dissapointing to myself and others as well. so here is the good news, I have decided to start using this blog as a way of decompressing and letting people know more about me.


The muscular dystrophy has gotten worse over the last 2 years beyond what anyone would have guessed it would and other problems have come up as well. the spinal cord stimulator is still doing its job keeping me buzzing and setting off store alarms everywhere i go (annoying side effect) but i am on my second remote as people have this strange obsession to steal them out of cars and hotel rooms. It doesn't work for anything other then adjusting and turning on and off my stimulator and even if someone had the exact same model it still would not work for them due to transmission of serial numbers and such.




so where have i been and what have i been doing? Well much of the same except the moto riding is now out due to the Muscular dystrophy. Im sure i could still ride safely but the risk is no longer worth the reward. Actually the reward for any physical activity is several days worth of extra pain and exhaustion. Im still actively participating in action pistol shooting as well as 3 gun, IDPA, Glock matches and the summer steel challenge series I match direct at USI in concord.



I changed to shooting a CZ SP01 in most of the shooting sports i do because they make a great double action trigger that can easily be modified to one of the best single action triggers available today. Currently shooting Limited minor in USPSA but have obtained the top end of a CZ75 SA in 40 S&W to get myself back to major power factor and improve my standings. Along with adopting the cz platform for action shooting i have become very well versed in the inner working of the cz75 series guns and have designed quite a few little modifications to make the gun better as well as helping others get nice triggers without having to ship guns out and more importantly most work they can perform themselves without spending several hundreds of dollars to get it how they want it.


lots of things have changed for me and my family but the one thing that remains the same is we are still here doing what we can to get by week to week and month to month like a lot of other people are with the economy in the current state it is, I don't do politics anymore because it is starting to seem like they are all criminals only interested in making a name for themselves in the history books.


The one thing I am excited about is i have started getting back into yo yo's. it might sound kind of funny that a 37 year old guy who has a hard time doing anything involving fine motor skills would be into doing string tricks with yoyo's but it seems to calm my nerves and keeps me happy. it's amazing that the simple act of throwing around a circular piece of plastic (or metal in my case) can make a bad day good or bring back memories of being a kid on hot summer days with nothing to do but practice with a yoyo. So for my next post i will be reviewing a new yoyo and talking about some of the older ones i have and hopefully i can keep reviewing some of the newer yoyo's out there as well as other daily things i do for fun.
anyways for those who still read this sorry for the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment